3-4 medium round courgettes
400g minced pork
1 cup pine nuts
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4cm piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
2 medium onions, chopped finely
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- Wash courgettes and trim off ends. Cut the courgette top to use this as a cover, scoop out the seeds with a grapefruit knife or using knife and spoon. Rub the inside and outside with olive oil.
- Roast the pine nuts by tossing them in a small pan at medium high heat. Stop when the pine nuts turn golden brown. Transfer the pine nuts
- Heat oil in a wok or pan, add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds, stir fry for about 2 minutes, when the seeds starts popping. Add in the cumin, turmeric and garam masala and stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Next add in the garlic, ginger and onion to the wok, stir fry until onion is almost cooked.
- Add the minced pork and continue to stir fry.
- Add the water and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water is evaporated. In the meantime preheat oven at 170ºC.
- Season with a little salt stir in the pine nuts and coriander.
- Scoop the pork curry into the courgettes, and bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- Serve with steamed rice.