These patties are delicious served with grilled chicken, steak, ham or salmon. A home-made tomato sauce is also an excellent idea. Or perhaps cream cheese spread on top as part of a packed lunch.
You could spice them up with chili. If you wanted to add onion, it would be best to finely chop in a processor first or soften the onions by pre frying them.
- Makes about four
1 medium courgette (grated and the fluid squeezed out using muslin fabric)
50 grams pine nuts
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 large egg
80 grams parmesan cheese (more if you want them really cheesy)
Salt and black pepper
Chopped basil (optional)
- In it all goes….
- Mix well. If the mixture is too wet add some more flour.
- Then heat some olive oil in blini pans or one large non-stick frying pan. Place a tablespoon or so of the mixture into the pans…
- Turn occasionally, and fry until golden brown. About 3 minutes each side
- Once cooked keep in a warm oven until the next batch is done.
- Toast a few pine nuts once you are done to sprinkle over.